"Our challenge is to make old age not only acceptable but inviting. ...We can craft an old age that will be intellectually stimulating, socially rewarding, productive and fun. The greatest gift we could give to future generations is to say, 'Here's a way to be old that you'll want to be.' " Laura Carstensen, PhD, A Long Bright Future
Welcome to Sausalito Village
Sausalito Village is a non-profit organization founded by a small group of volunteers who wanted to build a community of friendship and support among Sausalito's older residents. We are dedicated to enhancing the ability of our members to live independently, remaining active and integral to our community as we age.
We offer a wide variety of supportive services, as well as educational, cultural, fitness, and social activities, all of which help our members to live safe, active, and connected lives.
Membership in Sausalito Village is open to anyone living within the Sausalito city limits and in the adjacent Floating Homes Community.
For details on how to become a member, or if you would simply like to learn more about us, give us a call at 415-332-3325 or contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You are also welcome to attend one or more of our meetings or events, many of which are open to the public. For a complete calendar of events, click on the Event Calendar tab above.
- Help with transportation
- Referrals to service providers whose credentials we have checked out or who have been recommended by other members
- Help with computers and other electronic devices
- Help with minor household chores and repairs
- Daily phone check-in, upon request
- Concierge service for information, assistance from volunteers, or referrals to paid service providers
- Volunteer opportunities
- A bi-weekly "Update" (sent by U.S. Mail to members without email access) with announcements of upcoming programs and events
- Fun activities such as book group, yoga, memoir group, lectures, group lunches, museum tours, and much, much more
- Access to the regularly updated Members Only pages of the S.V. website,with links to a wide variety of news and information on age-related issues, and more
- Member discounts or other special benefits from more than 30 local businesses and restaurants